25# VTX Black Bumpers will be swapped with 25# OFW Black Bumpers
These bumper plates are full rubber with stainless steel inserts. They are designed for the Olympic lifts, but they are also great for the slow lifts- deadlift, squat, etc. The rubber makes for a quiet lifting session- even when dropped from overhead!
Troy VTX econ bumpers are considered some of the best in the industry- combining great quality bumpers with an unbeatable price. On top of that, a 1 year warranty against breakage gives each user peace of mind. Pair that high quality manufacturing with FringeSport.com's unbeatable service, and you get a one of a kind deal. Don't be fooled by the low price- these VTX bumper plates are used by Crossfit gyms throughout the US- and they are known for their high quality, low bounce, and outstanding durability.
Note: the bar in the images above are provided for reference purposes only- these sets do not come with a bar.
10/25/45 - Entry Level
These are all the weights that you will need to get in Olympic lifting with bumper plates. Use the 10s to help with technique to start, and then as you get stronger you can move up to the 25s and 45s and really start pounding the ground with those weights. Traditional iron weights can be used to supplement this set if you need more weight.
10/15/25/45 - Step-Up
For those that want to make their weight jumps a little smaller and want some additional rubber to add to the bars. The 15s by themselves are still mainly for technique, but their added weight definitely makes them sturdier than the 10 lb bumpers.
10/25/45/45 - Men's Basic
Who needs the 35 pounder? We threw that out in favor of another 45, to give you 20 more pounds to work with in this set. Because it still has the smaller weights, this is a great option for pretty much anybody that wants to work their way up to some heavy weights.
10/15/25/35/45 - Complete
This 260 pound full set of VTX economy bumper plates by Troy Barbell is a must for the well-stocked home gym. Multiple sets are great for commercial gyms as well. This set comes with 5 pairs of black full rubber bumper plates- one set each of 10 pound, 15 pound, 25 pound, 35 pound, and 45 pound plates.
10/15/25/45/45/45 - Full Outfit
This 370 pound set of VTX bumper plates by Troy Barbell ensures that all your bases are covered, for 1 or two people. Whether you are a novice lifter or throwing around some real weight, this set has the weights you need. Need to go heavier? You can either add iron in or contact us for a custom quote on a larger package.
Why choose a Troy VTX Bumper Plate Set?
Not all bumpers are created equal. Here's why your next bumper plates should be a Troy VTX bumpers:
- Troy VTX bumper plates feature a steel insert that is designed to far outperform the brass bumpers used by the competition. A steel insert will take much more abuse without malforming- and it is machined to exact tolerances to fit all high-quality olympic bars.
- Troy VTX bumpers use a rubber formulation that combines the ideal mix of low bounce with high durability. Some bumper plates bounce too much- they are potentially unsafe. Other bumpers are too brittle- and they easily chip and fall apart. Not Troy VTX bumper plates!
- Troy VTX bumpers 10 and 15 pound bumpers are more stable because they have a high durabilty, "hooked" steel insert. This makes them more stable than most 10 or 15 pound bumpers- which are the most fragile bumper plates due to their thin-ness.
- Troy VTX bumpers are thinner than many of the competing bumpers- so you can load more weight on your bar!
- Troy VTX bumpers all have the same standard diameter- you can mix and match to load your bar.
- Finally, Troy VTX bumper plates are backed by our no-questions-asked satisfaction guarantee- plus a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer. Use them and love them- or send them back free!
How can I choose the bumper plates that are right for me?
Bumper plates come in a few standard sizes, and are generally sold in pounds or kilograms. Troy VTX economy bumpers are sold by the pound. Here is a chart with rough pound and kilogram weights:
||Best Size For:
|10 lbs ~ 5 kg
||Teaching Olympic lifts and for women or teenagers
|15 lbs ~ 7 kg
||Same uses as the 10s, but this offers greater stability at only a slightly heavier weight
|25 lbs ~ 11 kg
||Very popular, durable weight and throwing these on an Oly bar gives you 95 pounds (Fran Rx)
|35lbs ~ 16 kg
||A great size for adding more weight on the bar
|45 lbs ~ 20 kg
||Most popular size for gyms- 45's really let you load up your bar and make some serious strength gains
What is a bumper plate?
A bumper plate is a weight plate for Olympic bars that is made almost entirely of rubber (with a steel or brass collar in the middle that accepts an Olympic bar).
Why bumper plates?
The "end state" of the Olympic lifts is overhead or at the shoulder. Many lifters drop the weights from overhead. Since bumper plates are almost entirely rubber, being dumped from the shoulder or overhead will not damage the weights, bar, floor, bystanders, the lifter, etc...
Additionally, bumpers are popular in the Crossfit community since many Crossfitters practice the Olympic lifts, and other Crossfit exercises (thrusters, presses) end overhead.
Finally, bumper plates are also great for garage gym use- the rubber construction is much quieter than traditional metal construction.
What exercises can I do with bumper plates?
- Clean and Jerk
- Overhead lunge
- And even more!