However, one of the sleeves isn't filed down evenly as there is some resistance putting plates on the last 2 inches to the collar. It also makes it difficult to remove the plate (difficulty varies depending on brand of plates) as there was an instance where I had to jump on the plate just to get it off. The other side is just fine and there is no issue with placing and removing plates.
I was under the assumption that there would be an end cap on the barbell, but it didn't come with one. Slightly disappointed but doesn't affect performance of barbell.
The package that the barbell arrived in was also too small as there was about an inch or two sticking out of the package. But again, no impact on performance.
39 yrs old. Former 85kg Masters national record holder in C&J. Best lifts 131kg snatch, 160Kg C&J. Purely weightlifting for last 5 yrs. 140kg C&J is the most I’ve had on it thus far. lifted in a lot of gyms on a lot of bars.
Couldn’t be happier.
- Knurling is perfect. Super solid grip but not so sharp it rips my hands up. I’d compare it to rogue Bergener bar and rogue new Olympic weightlifting bars. Much better grip than all the pendlays I’ve lifted on, but not as harsh as the average Eleiko and Werksans I’ve used. Center knurl does have a little bite if you’re not used to having a center knurl and you’ll start to really feel it on multiple rep Clean and Jerks, but I personally like it.
- Great Whip. Feels comparable to werksan and Eleiko. But not as whippy as the noodle-like DHS bars I’ve used. Definitely more whip than the Pendlays.
- Spin is great. Not much else to say about that.
- Feels very solid and doesn’t rattle when dropped. Has more of a solid thud sound.
- Only complaint is the dust covers have a clear plastic like material that doesn’t seem so be glued on very well on either side. But honestly that is really just cosmetic.
I recommend it to anyone. I think it has all the best qualities in a weightlifting bar without breaking the bank.