What You Need to Know About Hyperwear Sandbell For Strength and Conditioning
Hyper Wear's SandBell is a cross between a sandbag, a dumbbell, a barbell, a grip bag, a medicine ball, a slam ball, a stability pod, a gliding disk, and a kettlebell. Made of tough stretchy neoprene, the SandBell is the most versatile and enjoyable functional weight training tool on the market. Sizes range from 2lb to 50lb. Even more amazing is that the SandBell utilizes a patent pending fill mechanism that allows the end user to fill or empty the SandBell with dry play sand.
- Thick neoprene is soft and stretchy to the touch, but also durable enough to be pulled, yanked, and abused daily.
- One side shows a Hyper Wear Logo with the SandBell's weight in pounds and kilograms.
- A colored ring encircles the SandBell, giving a visual indication of the weight.
Specifications: SandBells come in the following weight/colors:
- 2 lb - Red
- 4 lb - Yellow
- 6 lb - Green
- 8 lb - Blue
- 10 lb - Indigo
- 12 lb- Violet
- 15 lb - Indigo
- 20 lb - Blue
- 25 lb - Green
- 30 lb - Yellow
- 40 lb - Red
- 50 lb - Black
Package Contents and Specifications
- Contents: 1 - Sandbell by Hyperwear
- Weight: 2-50 pounds
- Material: Neoprene and vinyl trim.
- Origin: USA
- Warranty: 1 Year. Punctures and cuts are not covered under our warranty policy. Avoid using your SandBell on any surfaces where a puncture or cut may occur.
Why You Need Sandbells by Hyperwear
Advantages v. Dumbbell and Barbell
- Safe and soft enough to drop on foot (even at 50lb!)
- Grip strength challenged with every exercise
- Variable sand density (due to easy fill mechanism) changes grip ability
- Shifting sand challenges stabilizing muscles Perform exercises more vigorously without fear of injury
Advantages v. Kettlebell
- Grip strength challenge
- Shifting sand challenges stabilizing muscles
- Variable sand volume which duplicates the characteristics of kettlebell
- Soft and safe version of a metal or plastic kettlebell
- Snatch with explosive power at any weight
- Swing SandBell vigorously without fear of injury
Advantages v. Slam-Ball, Medicine Ball and Grip Bags
- Durable enough to slam repeatedly
- Increase grip strength when tossed and received
- Great deceleration training at any weight
- No fear of jammed fingers
- Won't roll away when dropped