Our Color Bumper Plates are the splash of color your garage gym needs, and are constructed with virgin rubber, formulated specifically for its durability, density, and low bounce. At a glance, you will be able to easily differentiate your plates with color coding. Color-coded bumper plates will make your life that much easier. Instead of flipping through your bumpers trying to find the right size, you can see the weights by color instead.
Most importantly, they go through the most customer-focused manufacturing, quality control, and shipping process in the industry so you can rest assured that you are getting the highest quality plates with and we are taking the utmost care to ensure they arrive in pristine condition.
- Extremely durable, and built to last for years in a garage gym or affiliate.
- Expertly designed stainless steel "hooked" insert in the 25 lb, 35 lb, 45 lb, and 55 lb plates (see picture above) remains firmly seated, making our bumpers Texas tough and manufactured to fit all high-quality Olympic Barbells.
- Higher density virgin rubber means thinner bumpers and you can fit more weight on the bar (which means more gains!)
- Low, dead bounce means you can drop these plates again and again, from any height, and makes these plates safe in tight spaces.
- Plates are in pounds and sold in pairs and sets.
Watch Us Throw Our Bumpers Off Our Roof - They Can Withstand Any Workout
Bumper plates come in a few standard sizes and are sold in pounds with kilogram conversion listed. All Fringe Sport bumpers are sold by the pound, and are great for beginners, experts, and everyone in between.
Here is a chart with rough pound and kilogram weights:
|Bumper Weight||Best Weight For:|
|10 lbs ~ 5 kg||Great for teaching or learning Olympic lifts.|
|15 lbs ~ 7 kg||Same uses as the 10s, but this offers greater durability at only a slightly heavier weight.|
|25 lbs ~ 11 kg||A very popular weight as they are very durable and throwing these on an Oly bar gives you 95 pounds (Fran Rx).|
|35 lbs ~ 16 kg||A great size for adding more weight on the bar.|
|45 lbs ~ 20 kg||The most popular size for gyms - 45's really let you load up your bar and make some serious strength gains.|
|55 lbs ~ 25 kg||When the 45s just don't cut it, we have 55lb bumpers to add some serious weight to the bar.|
A bumper plate is a weight plate for Olympic bars that is made almost entirely of rubber (with a steel or brass collar in the middle that accepts an Olympic bar).
The "end state" of the Olympic lifts is overhead or at the shoulder. Many lifters drop the weights from overhead. Since bumper plates are almost entirely rubber, being dumped from the shoulder or overhead will not damage the weights, bar, floor, bystanders, the lifter, etc...
Bumper plates are also great for garage gym use- the rubber construction is much quieter than traditional metal construction.
- Clean and Jerk
- Overhead lunge
- And even more!
45's are 2.9", 35's are 2.35", 25's are 1.87" 15's are 1.2", and the 10's are 1.05"
The 10 and 15 lb bumper plates are 90 shA; the 23,35,45, and 55 lb bumpers are 85 shA.
Durometer is a measure of hardness of a material. It ranges from 0-100, and the higher the rating the harder the material, and the higher the material's resistance to indentation. Anything above 65 is acceptable for bumper plates. Our plates are considered to be excellent.
In general, the lighter bumper plates have a higher durometer reading because they need to be more rigid to withstand the stress of being dropped. Heavier plates have more surface area to distribute the stress, so they do not need to be as hard.
The ten pound bumper plates are composed of a denser rubber than the other bumper plates, so that they resist taco'ing.
The bumpers are greased as a part of the manufacturing process. Sometimes the factory doesn't clean the plates well enough. Check out this blog on how to clean your bumper plates.
Drop away! We are extremely confident that our 10 pound bumper plates can handle being dropped, and they are backed by our fully comprehensive warranty for 1 year (just in case).
Why choose Fringe Sport Bumper Plates?
Not all bumpers are created equal, but Fringe Sport Color Bumper Plates stand apart.
- Fringe Sport bumper plates feature a steel insert that is designed to far outperform the brass bumpers used by the competition. A steel insert will take much more abuse without malforming- and it is machined to exact tolerances to fit all high-quality Olympic bars.
- Fringe Sport bumpers use a rubber formulation that combines the ideal mix of low bounce with high durability. Some bumper plates bounce too much, and they are potentially unsafe. Other bumpers are too brittle, and they easily chip and fall apart. Fringe Sport bumper plates are right in the sweet spot.
- Fringe Sport bumpers 10 and 15 lb bumpers are more stable because they have a high durability, "hooked" steel insert. This makes them more stable than most 10 or 15 lb bumpers which are the most fragile bumper plates due to their thinness.
- Fringe Sport bumpers are thinner than many of the competing bumpers- so you can load more weight on your bar!
- Fringe Sport bumpers all have the same standard diameter- you can mix and match to load your bar.
- Finally, Fringe Sport bumper plates are backed by our no-questions-asked satisfaction guarantee Plus, a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer. Use them and love them, or send them back!