The Fringe Sport Shorty Barbell is a short barbell that is the perfect solution for training, competing, or traveling in tight spaces.
Ever look at a barbell and think "I love this, but it's just too long?" An uncommon problem, sure- but one that affects many.
With the Fringe Sport Shorty Barbell, we've created the only barbell on the market that conforms (and performs) to standard 20kg barbell specs- but is over a foot shorter than a normal barbell.
You get a full 28mm diameter shaft that is perfect for Oly movements, as well as being great for general WODing and Power lifts- and the shaft is full 216,200 psi tensile strength- tested to over 2200 pounds of stress. And here's the kicker- the shaft of the barbell is full width, so the Shorty Barbell fits on all standard racks and supports a full snatch grip- even from you tall drinks of water.
Plus, this is a true performance barbell- constructed in the same facility and to similar specifications as our flagship Fringe Sport Weightlifting and Hybrid bars.
You might wonder if there are any compromises with the Fringe Sport Shorty Barbell. Well, there's no free lunch. But any compromises on this awesome barbell will be easy to live with.
We eliminated the length on the sleeves- going down to 8 7/16" of loadable space.
Don't worry- the Shorty Barbell will still support bar loads of 225+ pounds of training barbells- and well over 400 pounds if you use iron.
The only other "compromise" is that we took the weight of this barbell from 20kg (44 pounds) to 15kg (33 pounds). So your barbell math with change by about 10 pounds.
15 kilograms / ~33 pounds
4 Bronze Bushings
Stiff, low-whip shaft
Specialty for compact spaces. Great for any small garage gyms or boxes, competitions, traveling, junior athletes, or general use for Olympic, Power, and WOD lifts.
Alloy Steel, Matte Chrome Shaft and Sleeves
71 5/8 inches
8 7/16 inches Length and 2" Diameter
Dual Knurling - Double Ring IWF + IPF Knurling (No Center Knurl)
Austin, TX, USA
Machined & Assembled
Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer's defects and bending.
The Shorty Barbell is a great option for running competitions, WODing in smaller boxes, or even working out in that corner of your garage that you thought was "too small."
It's also a great solution for boot campers or other people that want to travel with a barbell- the shorter length makes the Shorty Barbell easy to fit in a car, and or even to fly with!
But remember- it's not the length (of your barbell)- it's what you do with it.
- Bar use: Specialty for compact spaces. Great for any small garage gyms or boxes, competitions, traveling, junior athletes, or general use for Olympic, Power, and WOD lifts
- Ultra-strong 216,200 PSI Tensile Strength Steel
- 206,900 Yield Strength Steel
- Deflection tested to 2,200 pounds (1,000 kilograms)
- Length: 71 5/8"
- Just shy of 6' long
- Note that most "normal" 20kg Olympic barbells are about 86 3/4" long (a little longer than 7 feet)- so this shorty barbell is about a foot shorter than a standard barbell
- Loadable Sleeve Length: 8 7/16"
- Can comfortably fit 2 45# training bumper plates and a single 10# plate, plus a wide collar- which puts the load out at 225#
- If you are loading iron, this bar can fit well over 400#
- Full-length shaft- rackable in all stand squat racks and bench set-ups
- Supports full-width snatch grip from even very tall athletes
- Matte chrome shaft and sleeve- high corrosion resistance, with great "hand feel" for grip. Knurl is the same as our wonder bar.
- Dual knurl marks for Olympic lifts and Power lifts
- Moderate spin- 4 bronze bushings for even, predictable spin