The Fringe Sport Hybrid Barbell is the ultimate mix of Olympic, Power, and WOD features in an aggressive, strong knurling. **Not for newbies**
How long have you been lifting?
If the answer is less than 2 years, go here. Our Wonder barbell is less expensive and it's going to treat you well for years to come.
Have you been extensively training the Olympic lifts, Power lifts, and WODing?
Do you want the best bar that combines all those lifts into one aggro package?
Good, you can stay.
The Fringe Sport Hybrid barbell is a one-of-a-kind beast. Of course it's a standard 20kg men's bar, but built from the ground up for a powerful badass.
We started with 216,200 psi steel. We cut the shaft down to 28.5mm- slightly larger than the normal 28mm Olympic diameter. The extra width takes down the whip just a touch, and makes the barbell better for the slow lifts- your deadlifting, squatting, and benching.
Then we run that steel through aggressive knurling (the crosshatching), with marks ("rings") for both powerlifting and Olympic movements. Plus we add a center knurl.
There's magic in this knurling. Don't tell anyone, but here are the secrets:
- The "hand" portions of the knurl are aggressive- but blunted. This is not a powerlifter "cheese grater" knurl- it's a deep knurl that will leave your calluses happy.
- We backed off the knurl a few inches from the center. Ever seen someone pull deadlifts until their shins bleed? Not on the Fringe Sport Hybrid Barbell.
- Does that center knurl? We ran the lathe lightly over the center of the barbell- lightly kissing the steel and imparting a passive center knurl that helps with lining up for your lifts, lightly biting your shirt for heavy squats, and for sumo deadlift high pulls.
- And finally, the matte chrome finish mimics the unbeatable feel of bare steel, but with a high corrosion (aka rust) resistance.
Don't think that we stopped innovating with just the knurl.
Each shaft is deflected to 1,000 kilograms (2,200 pounds!) during the production process to ensure your bar will take any weight you decide to throw at it.
And finally, we added 4 high precision needle bearing cartridges for a wicked spin. You'll be thankful for the spin during your heavy Olympic lifts, plus it's nice to have while you WOD. And the bearings we chose will play nice with your slow lifts.
If you've read this far, and you are not a newb, add this bad boy to your cart and retire the rest of your barbells as you crush PRs.
20 kilograms / ~44 pounds +/- 0.1 gram
4 Needle Bearing
Four bearing in total, two per sleeve.
Slightly stiff, moderate-whip shaft
Fast, predictable spin
Built for experienced, strong lifters who combine Olympic lifting, Powerlifting, and WODing.
Matte Chrome Shaft and Sleeve, Manganese Phosphate "Sleeve Collar"
16.3 inches Loadable Length and 2" Diameter
Deep Double Ring IWF + IPF Knurling. Light Center Knurling.
Just over 4 5/8" long
Austin, TX, USA
Machined & Assembled
Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer's defects and bending.
What You Need to Know About the FringeSport Hybrid Weightlifting Barbell
- Ultra-strong 216,200 PSI Tensile Strength Steel
- 206,900 Yield Strength Steel
- Deflection tested to 2,200 pounds (1,000 kilograms)
- Matte chrome shaft and sleeve- high corrosion resistance, with great "hand feel" for grip
- Manganese phosphate "sleeve collar"
- Dual knurl marks for Olympic lifts and Power lifts
- "Shin friendly" deadlift knurl
- Deep depth "hand" knurl with blunted tops- allows a secure grip even in "one rep max" or extended training situations, without chewing up your hands
- Passive (extra light) center knurl