2 - Crumb Rubber Bumper Plates (1 Pair)
10 - 45 pounds per plate
Crumb recycled rubber with a solid steel insert
10s - 1.375", 15s - 1.875", 25s - 2.25", 35s - 1.125", 45s - 3.75"
A bumper plate is a weight plate for Olympic bars that is made almost entirely of rubber (with a steel or brass collar in the middle that accepts an Olympic bar).
The "end state" of the Olympic lifts is overhead or at the shoulder. Many lifters drop the weights from overhead. Since bumper plates are almost entirely rubber, being dumped from the shoulder or overhead will not damage the weights, bar, floor, bystanders, the lifter, etc...
Bumper plates are also great for garage gym use- the rubber construction is much quieter than traditional metal construction.
10/25/45lb -160lbs - Entry: This 160 pound set of bumper plates by Hi-Temp is a great starter set for your home gym. This set comes with 4 pairs of black, full, rubber bumper plates- one pair each of 10 pound, 25 pound, and 45 pound plates.
10/15/25/35/45lb - 190lbs - Complete: This 190 pound full set of bumper plates by Hi-Temp is a must for the well-stocked home gym. Multiple sets are great for commercial gyms as well. This set comes with 4 pairs of black, full, rubber bumper plates- one pair each of 10 pound, 15 pound, 25 pound, and 45 pound plates.
10/15/25/45/45/45lb - 370lb - Full Outfit: This 370 pound set of bumper plates by Hi-Temp ensures that all your bases are covered, for one or two people. Whether you are a novice lifter or throwing around some real weight, this set has the weights you need. Need to go heavier? You can either add iron in or contact us for a custom quote on a larger package.¬¨‚Ä†This set comes with 6 pairs of black, full, rubber bumper plates- one pair each of 10 pound, 15 pound, and 25 pound plates, and three pairs of 45 pound plates.
Why choose a Set of Crumb Bumpers?
Not all bumpers are created equal. Here's why your next bumper plates should be Hi-Temp bumpers:
- These bumper plates feature a steel insert that is designed to far outperform the brass bumpers used by the competition. A steel insert will take much more abuse without malforming- and it is machined to exact tolerances to fit all high-quality olympic bars.
- Crumb bumpers use a rubber formulation that combines a mix of¬¨‚Ä†high bounce with high durability.
- The 10 and 15 pound bumpers are more stable because they are thicker. This makes them more stable than most 10 or 15 pound bumpers- which are the most fragile bumper plates due to their thinness.
- These crumb bumpers all have the same standard diameter- you can mix and match to load your bar.
- Finally, our bumper plates are backed by our no-questions-asked satisfaction guarantee- plus a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer. Use them and love them- or send them back free!
Learn More About Bumper Plates
How can I choose the bumper plates that are right for me?
Bumper plates come in a few standard sizes, and are generally sold in pounds or kilograms. Hi-Temp bumpers are sold by the pound. Here is a chart with rough pound and kilogram weights:
|Bumper Weight||Best Weight For:|
|10 lbs ~ 5 kg||Great for teaching or learning Olympic lifts|
|15 lbs ~ 7 kg||Same uses as the 10s, but this offers greater durability at only a slightly heavier weight|
|25 lbs ~ 11 kg||A very popular weight as they are very durable and throwing these on an Oly bar gives you 95 pounds (Fran Rx)|
|35 lbs ~ 16 kg||A great size for adding more weight on the bar|
|45 lbs ~ 20 kg||The most popular size for gyms - 45's really let you load up your bar and make some serious strength gains|