Proper Waist Management with Fringe Sport Leather Weightlifting Belt
With the Fringe Sport leather weightlifting belt, say goodbye to your waist of space. We'll always be around you to give you a spot on your lifts.
Our untreated leather belt will have you feeling like the freshly crowned king of the garage gym world. And you know what that means... You'll be lifting yourself beyond the ordinary in no time.
Single prong buckle offers you the security a hook and loop belt won't give you. Don't worry about this belt popping off or coming undone during a lift.
- Supple enough to wear immediately with no breaking in needed.
- 6.5mm Thickness - Thick enough to use on every lift, but thin enough to not hit your ribs. Just right stiffness like a perfectly starched collar on a dress shirt.
- The tapered design gives you the support you need but the comfort for your lifts. Great for bench pressing, functional fitness, and general weightlifting.
- Lifting belts give you added support whether you're a new or seasoned lifter.
Is Leather the Best Weight Lifting Belt Option?
If you're buying a Fringe Sport leather weightlifting belt, we're going to go out on a limb and guess that you've bought from us before. If this is the case, then you well know how rugged and durable our products are. Expect no less with our weightlifting belt. Our belt is 100% made in America and comes with a lifetime warranty.
Here's why our leather weightlifting belt turns your garage gym into a muscle factory:
- Superb 100% genuine sole leather quality.
- Durable and strong enough to last a lifetime. Belts that start out great turn awesome with age.
- Untreated leather conforms and contours to your waist with use like the cummerbund of your dreams.
- Untreated leather means no dye marks left on clothes or body.
- Slight variation in color due to all-natural 100% genuine sole leather means every belt is unique.
- Won't dry out.
- Veins in leather allow natural creasing points.
- Patina improves with wear.
Product Details and Specifications
- Contents: 1 - Fringe Sport branded Leather Weightlifting Belt
Styles: Uniquely stitched item to keep this belt working for you for years!
- Dimensions: 4" wide belt; tapers to 2.5" in the front
- Belt Thickness: 6.5mm thick
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Fastener: Single prong buckle
- Best Use: General weightlifting.
- Material: 100% genuine sole leather with nickel plated rivets and buckle
- Size Options: XS, S, M, L, XL (see sizing guide below)
- Origin: Made in the U.S.A.
- Warranty: Lifetime
3 Main Benefits of Using a Weight Lifting Belt
Why use a weightlifting belt? There are 3 main benefits:
- Belts enhance biomechanics by decreasing spinal extension, spinal flexion and lateral flexion.
- Stabilize and reduce spinal pressure.
- Belts improve performance, adding 5-15% more weight at the same sets and repetitions.
Most of the time, your torso, or what we fit freaks call our "core", acts like a soft and flexible sponge. This flexibility allows us to bend in any direction with ease.
This spongy pliability hurts us in the strength department. When we've got hundreds of pounds on our back for a squat, we don't want a torso like a #1 foam finger of some beer-swilling super fan.
Instead, we need a hard and rigid torso like the main mast of the Queen Anne's Revenge.
How do we get this oaken torso?
We brace our core.
Our body does this naturally without thought when we lift or push something heavy. Think about the last time you pushed a car out of the mud. What did your body feel like?
You probably took a giant inhale, and held it while tightening up your core.
Someone yells "Hold tight" or "Hold on!" What does your body do? Tightens and braces.
What you're doing is the Valsalva maneuver. This is what you do when you brace yourself for super heavy lifts, by taking in a big, deep belly breath and holding it.
This method of breathing assists in creating intra-abdominal pressure to buffer and support your spine.
This is how a weightlifting belt grants you powers. With a lifting belt, you do the Valsalva maneuver or deep belly breath into the belt, which pushes back against your abs, in turn bracing your spine and improving your load-bearing capacity.
When you put your belt on, wear it tighter than you think it needs to be. A lot of greenhorns don't pull it tight enough. Be sure to err on the side of too tight. Take a normal breath in and then pull the belt as tight as possible. Make it as tight as possible without interfering with your breathing.
Weightlifting Belt Size Guide
How to measure: Using a measuring tape held snug, measure around where the belt will be worn. NOT pants waist size. Measure just above the navel and below the rib cage. Measure over your clothes, as you will wear the belt over your clothes.
- Use a seamstress or pliable tape measure.
- Measure around the waist, around 4 inches above where your pants are. *Do NOT pull your gut in! Relax and measure, then pull the measuring tape tight. Use this measurement to choose your correct belt size.
- Use that measurement and refer to the size guide for the belt you are interested in ordering.
- X-Small - 22"-31"
- Small- 27"- 36"
- Medium- 31"-40"
- Large - 35"-44"
- X-Large - 39"-48"