Whether you are buying bumper plates for your garage gym or a box, you can save when you buy bumpers in bulk. You pick what bumpers you need, 500lbs of 10lb pairs or mix & match weights.Please fill out the "Notes to Fringe Sport" section in the cart with the weights you would like once in the cart section.Need something in-between or more than the options we have? Give us a call at (512) 201-4404 and we can get you what you need.
We have taken our amazing contrast black bumper plates and made it easier for you to tell the difference between your weights. With the color lettering on both sides it takes a simple glance to know what size bumper plate you are picking up. Our Fringe Sport contrast bumper plates are manufactured to go toe to toe with any bumper plate on the market. They are constructed with virgin rubber formulated specifically for its durability, density and low bounce. Most importantly, they go through the most customer-focused manufacturing, quality control and shipping process in the industry so you can rest assured that you are getting the highest quality plates and we are taking the utmost care to ensure they arrive to you in pristine condition!
We offer 500 pound and 1,000 pound custom sets online. If you need more weight, because you're opening a gym or you're building a house of Fringe Bumpers, contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to hook you up with a sales guru to help!
- 3 Year Warranty on 25's, 35's, 45's, and 55's; 1 Year warranty on 10's and 15's.
- Extremely durable virgin rubber, will last for years in a garage or affiliate
- Raised contrast lettering to easily differentiate weights at a glance.
- Expertly designed stainless steel "hooked" insert that remains firmly seated
- Higher density means thinner bumpers and you can fit more weight on the bar
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1% of declared weight
- Low, dead bounce makes these safe in tight spaces
- Plates are in pounds - input weight breakdown in comments on cart page
- Bumper Plate Widths: 55's - 3.25", 45's - 2.9", 35's - 2.35", 25's - 1.87", 15's - 1.2", 10's - 1.05"
Not all bumpers are created equal. Here's why your next bumper plates should be Fringe Sport bumpers:
- Fringe Sport bumper plates feature a steel insert that is designed to far outperform the brass bumpers used by the competition. A steel insert will take much more abuse without malforming- and it is machined to exact tolerances to fit all high-quality Olympic bars.
- Fringe Sport bumpers use a rubber formulation that combines the ideal mix of a low bounce with high durability. Some bumper plates bounce too much- they are potentially unsafe. Other bumpers are too brittle- and they easily chip and fall apart. Not Fringe Sport bumper plates!
- Fringe Sport bumpers 10 and 15 pound bumpers are more stable because they have a high durability, "hooked" steel insert. This makes them more stable than most 10 or 15 pound bumpers- which are the most fragile bumper plates due to their thin-ness.
- Fringe Sport bumpers are thinner than many of the competing bumpers- so you can load more weight on your bar!
- Fringe Sport bumpers all have the same standard diameter- you can mix and match to load your bar.
- Finally, Fringe Sport bumper plates are backed by our no-questions-asked satisfaction guarantee- plus a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer. Use them and love them- or send them back!
|Best Weight For:
|10 lbs ~ 5 kg
|Great for teaching or learning Olympic lifts
|15 lbs ~ 7 kg
|Same uses as the 10s, but this offers greater durability at only a slightly heavier weight
|25 lbs ~ 11 kg
|A very popular weight as they are very durable and throwing these on an Oly bar gives you 95 pounds (Fran Rx)
|35 lbs ~ 16 kg
|A great size for adding more weight on the bar
|45 lbs ~ 20 kg
|The most popular size for gyms - 45's really let you load up your bar and make some serious strength gains
|55 lbs ~ 25 kg
|When the 45s just don't cut it, we have 55lb bumpers to add some serious weight to the bar.
A bumper plate is a weight plate for Olympic bars that is made almost entirely of rubber (with a steel or brass collar in the middle that accepts an Olympic bar).
The "end state" of the Olympic lifts is overhead or at the shoulder. Many lifters drop the weights from overhead. Since bumper plates are almost entirely rubber, being dumped from the shoulder or overhead will not damage the weights, bar, floor, bystanders, the lifter, etc...
Bumper plates are also great for garage gym use- the rubber construction is much quieter than traditional metal construction.
- Clean and Jerk
- Overhead lunge
- And even more!
55's are 3.25", 45's are 2.9", 35's are 2.35", 25's are 1.87", 15's are 1.2", and the 10's are 1.05".
The 10 and 15 pound bumper plates are 90 shA; the 23,35,45, and 55 pound bumpers are 85 shA
Durometer is a measure of hardness of a material. It ranges from 0-100, and the higher the rating the harder the material, and the higher the material's resistance to indentation. Anything above 65 is acceptable for bumper plates. Our plates are considered to be excellent.
In general, the lighter bumper plates have a higher durometer reading because they need to be more rigid to withstand the stress of being dropped. Heavier plates have more surface area to distribute the stress, so they do not need to be as hard.
Most Fringe Sport bumper plates are the IWF standard 450mm (~17.7") width in diameter
The ten pound Fringe Sport bumpers are 445mm (17.5") in diameter
The ten pound bumper plates are purposefully 5mm narrower than the other bumper plates so that when you have 10's loaded on the bar, plus other bumpers, the 10 pound plates impact the ground a split second later than the other bumpers. Since the 10 pound plates have the least surface area and are thus the weakest bumpers, this saves stress on your 10 pounders!
Sometimes the bumpers smell due to the way that they are made. It isn't permanent. The best remedy is to let them air out in the sun for about 5 days.
The bumpers are greased as a part of the manufacturing process. Sometimes the factory doesn't clean the plates well enough. Here's what we do to de-grease these bad boys:
We wash the bumpers about 3 times, with paper towels, soap, and water. If that doesn't work, then we use a de-greaser spray that can be purchased at a local home improvement store.