Fringe Sport color bumper plate sets include pairs and are the perfect bumper plates for WOD-ing and Olympic lifting.
- 3 Year Warranty on 25's, 35's, 45's, and 55's; 1 Year warranty on 10's and 15's..
- Thinner design than other styles of bumper plate- fit more weight on the bar.
- Extremely durable, will last for years in a garage or affiliate.
- At a glance differentiate weights with these color-coded plates.
- Expertly designed stainless steel "hooked" insertin the 25 lb, 35 lb, 45 lb, and 55 lb plates (see picture above) remains firmly seated, making our bumpers Texas tough.
- Higher density virgin rubber means thinner bumpers and you can fit more weight on the bar.
- Low, dead bounce makes these safe in tight spaces.
- Sets include pairs of the weights listed.
- Note: 15lb bumpers do not come in color - they are black with contrast lettering.
2 - Color Bumper Plates (1 Pair)
10-55 pounds each
+/- 1% of declared weight
15 - 55 pound plates: 450mm (~17.7 inches) width, 10 pound plate: 445mm (17.5 inches)
50.4mm, will fit most barbells with 2" sleeves
Bumper Plate Widths
55's - 3.25", 45's - 2.9", 35's - 2.35", 25's - 1.87", 15's - 1.2", 10's - 1.05"
10's and 15's are 90 sHA; the 25, 35, 45 and 55 pound bumpers are 85 sHA.
Virgin rubber, stainless steel insert
3 Year Warranty on 25's, 35's, 45's and 55's; 1 Year warranty on 10's and 15's.
Watch Us Throw Our Bumpers Off The Roof - Durable For Any Workout You Do
Bumper plates come in a few standard sizes, and are sold in pounds and have kilogram conversions. Fringe Sport bumpers are sold by the pound. Here is a chart with pound and rough kilogram weights:
Our amazing color plates are indeed low odor, as they are made the same way the rest of our best on the market plates are made. If you find there is a smell to the plates when they arrive at your house, you can wash them with warm water and dish soap, leave them outside in the sun for 2- 3 days and then you can spray with Armor All or mineral oil (a very light coat) to remove the smell from the plates!
|Bumper Weight||Best Weight For:|
|10 lbs ~ 5 kg||Great for teaching or learning Olympic lifts.|
|15 lbs ~ 7 kg||The same uses as the 10s, but this offers greater durability at only a slightly heavier weight.|
|25 lbs ~ 11 kg||A very popular weight as they are very durable and throwing these on an Oly bar gives you 95 pounds (Fran Rx).|
|35 lbs ~ 16 kg||A great size for adding more weight to the bar.|
|45 lbs ~ 20 kg||The most popular size for gyms - 45's really lets you load up your bar and make some serious strength gains.|
|55 lbs ~ 25 kg||When the 45s just don't cut it, we have 55lb bumpers to add some serious weight to the bar.|
A bumper plate is a weight plate for Olympic bars that is made almost entirely of rubber (with a steel or brass collar in the middle that accepts an Olympic bar).
The "end state" of the Olympic lifts is overhead or at the shoulder. Many lifters drop the weights from overhead. Since bumper plates are almost entirely rubber, being dumped from the shoulder or overhead will not damage the weights, bar, floor, bystanders, the lifter, etc...
Finally, bumper plates are also great for garage gym use- the rubber construction is much quieter than traditional metal construction.
- Clean and Jerk
- Overhead lunge
- And even more!
55's are 3.25", 45's are 2.9", 35's are 2.35", 25's are 1.87" 15's are 1.2", and the 10's are 1.05"
The 10 and 15-pound bumper plates are 90 ; the 23, 35, 45, and 55-pound bumpers are 85.
Durometer is a measure of the hardness of a material. It ranges from 0-100, and the higher the rating the harder the material, and the higher the material's resistance to indentation. Anything above 65 is acceptable for bumper plates. Our plates are considered to be excellent.
In general, the lighter bumper plates have a higher durometer reading because they need to be more rigid to withstand the stress of being dropped. Heavier plates have more surface area to distribute the stress, so they do not need to be as hard.
The ten-pound bumper plates are composed of a denser rubber than the other bumper plates, so that they resist taco'ing.
Sometimes the bumpers smell due to the way that they are made. It isn't permanent. The best remedy is to let them air out in the sun for about 5 days.
The bumpers are greased as a part of the manufacturing process. Sometimes the factory doesn't clean the plates well enough. Here's what we do to de-grease these bad boys:
We wash the bumpers about 3 times, with paper towels, soap, and water. If that doesn't work, then we use a de-greaser spray that can be purchased at a local home improvement store.
10/15/25 - 100 lb - Great starter set. Use the 10s and 15s to help with technique to start, then move up to the 25s as you get stronger.
10/15/25/45 - 190 lb - Want to make smaller weight jumps and be able to add rubber to the bars? This is your set. The 15s by themselves are still mainly for technique, but their added weight definitely makes them sturdier than the 10 lb bumpers.
10/25/35/45 - 230 lb - More versatility makes this set a great option for anyone who wants to make incremental gains.
10/15/25/35/45 - 260 lb - This 260 lb full set is a must for a well-stocked home gym. Multiple sets are great for commercial gyms. This set comes with 5 pairs of black, full rubber bumper plates- one set each of 10 lb, 15 lb, 25 lb, 35 lb, and 45 lb plates.
10/15/25/45/45/45 - 370 lb - This 370 lb set ensures that all your bases are covered, for 1 or 2 people. Whether you're a novice or throwing around some real weight, this set has what you need. Need to go heavier? You can either add iron in or contact us for a custom quote on a larger package.
10/15/25/35/45/55 - 370 lb - This 370 lb full set is a great option if you want to lift like the Hulk at your garage gym. This set includes the hurly-burly 55 lb plate to our regular, complete package. This comes with 6 pairs of rubber bumper plates - one set each of 10 lb, 15 lb, 25 lb, 35 lb, 45 lb, and 55 lb.
Why Choose Fringe Sport Bumper Plates?
Not all bumpers are created equal. Here's why your next bumper plates should be Fringe Sport bumpers:
- Fringe Sport bumper plates feature a steel insert that is designed to far outperform the brass bumpers used by the competition. A steel insert will take much more abuse without malforming- and it is machined to exact tolerances to fit all high-quality Olympic bars.
- Fringe Sport bumpers use a rubber formulation that combines the ideal mix of low bounce with high durability. Some bumper plates bounce too much- they are potentially unsafe. Other bumpers are too brittle- and they easily chip and fall apart. Not Fringe Sport bumper plates!
- Fringe Sport bumpers 10 and 15-pound bumpers are more stable because they have high durability. This makes them more stable than most 10 or 15-pound bumpers- which are the most fragile bumper plates due to their thinness.
- Fringe Sport bumpers are thinner than many of the competing bumpers- so you can load more weight on your bar!
- Fringe Sport bumpers all have the same standard diameter- you can mix and match to load your bar.
- Finally, Fringe Sport bumper plates are backed by our no-questions-asked satisfaction guarantee- plus a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer. Use them and love them- or send them back free!