What You Need To Know About Kilo Fractional Plate Set
Fractional plates are great when you are stalled out on lifting heavier- at some point you need to make gains in 1-2 kilogram increments or less. This set of fractional plates from Fringe Sport includes a pair each of 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and 1 kilogram plates.
- Full year satisfaction guarantee.
- Color coded to allow you to easily spot the different weights.
- 2" insert diameter can fit Olympic barbells.
- 5 KG total- 1 pair each: 1/4kg, 1/2kg, 3/4kg, 1kg.
- Add smaller weight increments to your lifts with kilo microplates. Also known as microloading.
1 pair each: 1/4kg, 1/2kg, 3/4kg, 1kg
5 kilograms total
1/4kg - .25", 1/2kg - .375", 3/4kg - .5", 1kg - .75"
Why You Need Fractional Plates
Fractional plates are traditionally used when an athlete is making linear progression in their lifts, putting more and more weight on the bar week by week. Increase the weight on the bar in very small increments. If you're close to stalling out on a lift and a 2.5 or 5KG jump is too much, you can start "micro-loading" and continue that for progressing your lifts.
They are also helpful to bring a bar up to RX weight, e.g., a 15kg "women's" bar actually weighs about 33 pounds, so a pair of 0.5 kg weights brings it to 35lb. Additionally, individuals rehabbing use fractional plates.