Our Complete Competition Gymnastic Rings
We leveraged all of our knowledge about the needs of functional fitness enthusiasts to create a set of gymnastic rings that would satisfy your every desire. From the material choice to the thickness, texture, and strength, these rings are designed to the same specifications as rings used in WOD competitions around the world. These rings are as durable as the Earth is round... add these rings to your box or gym and they will be the last pair you will ever have to buy!
Package Contents and Specifications
- Contents: 2 - Wood Gymnastic Rings (1 Pair)
- Ring Diameter: 28mm or 32mm
- Diameter: Inner - 7.75 inches, Full - 9.25 inches (28mm) and 9.5 inches (32mm)
- Color: Tan
- Weight: 1 lb
- Strap (If Selected): 20' Adjustable Strap with Motorcycle Cam Buckle - Black (Pair)
- Material: Wood (Birch)
- Warranty: 1 Year
Why Choose Competition Gymnastic Rings by Fringe Sport?
Gymnastic rings come in a variety of different materials and styles; here's why your next pair should be from Fringe Sport:
- Wood - These are made with incredibly strong birch which is CNC'd and sanded to exact specifications to ensure the least variance and highest quality product.
- Diameter - 28mm diameter rings are perfect for gymnastics movements. 32mm diameter rings provide extra girth that helps when working on functional fitness or heavier strength training movements like ring muscle-ups.
- Texture - The feel of our competition wood gymnastic rings is something that cannot really be described except that it is so much more pleasant than anything else. It is great with or without chalk and simply feels natural and as if it we're meant to be.
- Portability - By using birch, we were able to create rings that were even lighter than air.... well, okay, they are at least lighter than plastic. It makes these these rings the ultimate travel companion for a full body workout no matter where you go.
- Strength and Durability - Don't let the price fool you - you might think nothing so inexpensive can last and take the abuse, but these rings are built to last and withstand any kind of workout you might throw at them.
How can you choose the gymnastic ring set that is right for you?
Gymnastic rings are sold in many different materials, each with its own benefits and shortcomings. Here are the brief highlights about each material:
PVC gymnastic rings are the lowest price and can actually be made at home. They are not a complete ring/circle and as such tend to lose form and are less durable than the other materials.
Plastic gymnastics rings are very reasonably priced, only slightly more expensive than PVC. Even so, they are many times more durable and stronger than PVC. They are a complete ring (and thus have the natural strength of the circle) and can be texturized in many different ways. They tend to be very lightweight and with all these benefits at such a low cost, are the best value in our opinion.
Steel gymnastic rings are much more durable and stronger still than plastic but this comes at a much higher price. They are also complete rings and do tend to need chalk or take otherwise they will rip up your hands.
Wood gymnastics rings tend to offer the best features. They are the lightest, have a good texture that doesn't need chalk, are still very durable and strong, and they are a complete circle, of course. However, these features usually come at an even higher cost still, a factor that puts them out of reach of most people's budgets. These rings, though, are the most affordable wood rings on the market and in our opinion the best workout rings available.
Why gymnastics rings?
These tools have been used by gymnasts for years for performance and exercise purposes without much notice by the general public. Recently however they have been discovered, so to speak, as the amazingly effective strength training that they are.
They add movement and instability to each exercise, causing all of your muscles to engage more vigorously than usual. Ever wonder how gymnasts are so ripped? Yes they spend endless hours training, but their methods are also so much more efficient. To top it all off, the rings are relatively low cost and extremely portable!
So what exercises can you do with gymnastic rings?
The options are truly endless, with numerous variations on each exercise, but here are a few:
- Muscle Ups
- And many more!
**Please note that the straps are considered a wear and tear item and thus are not covered by our normal warranty. Please inspect the straps regularly stop use of the product if you notice any wear on the item. Please view here for more info.***