- Extremely durable, and will last for years in a garage gym or affiliate.
- Expertly designed "hooked" stainless steel insert (see picture above) that remains firmly seated.
- Higher density means thinner bumpers and you can fit more weight on the bar.
- Low, dead bounce makes these safe in tight spaces.
- Plates are in pounds and are sold in pairs and sets.
Fringe Sport black bumper plates are manufactured to be the “one and done” kind of bumper plate… the kind you buy once and use forever. The quality is just that good.
They are constructed with virgin rubber, formulated specifically for its durability, density and low bounce. Most importantly, they go through the most customer-focused manufacturing, quality control, and shipping process in the industry so you can rest assured that you are getting the highest quality plates, and we are taking the utmost care to ensure they arrive in pristine condition!
55's are 3.2", 45's are 2.9'', 35's are 2.35'', 25's are 1.87'' 15's are 1.2'', and the 10's are 1.05''
The 10 and 15-pound bumper plates are 90; the 25, 35, 45 and 55-pound bumpers are 85
Durometer is a measure of the hardness of a material. It ranges from 0-100, and the higher the rating the harder the material, and the higher the material's resistance to indentation. Anything above 65 is acceptable for bumper plates. Our plates are considered to be excellent.
A bumper plate is a weight plate for Olympic bars that is made almost entirely of rubber (with a steel or brass collar in the middle that accepts an Olympic bar).
The "end state" of the Olympic lifts is overhead or at the shoulder. Many lifters drop the weights from overhead. Since bumper plates are almost entirely rubber, being dumped from the shoulder or overhead will not damage the weights, bar, floor, bystanders, the lifter, etc...
Bumper plates are also great for garage gym use- the rubber construction is much quieter than traditional metal construction.
In general, the lighter bumper plates have a higher durometer reading because they need to be more rigid to withstand the stress of being dropped. Heavier plates have more surface area to distribute the stress, so they do not need to be as hard.
- Clean and Jerk
- And more!
Most Fringe Sport bumper plates are the IWF standard 450mm (~17.7") width in diameter, with a +/-1.5mm variance The ten-pound Fringe Sport bumpers are 445mm (17.5") in diameter.
The ten-pound bumper plates are purposefully 5mm narrower than the other bumper plates so that when you have 10's loaded on the bar, plus other bumpers, the 10-pound plates impact the ground a split second later than the other bumpers. Since the 10-pound plates have the least surface area and are thus the weakest bumpers, this saves stress on your 10 pounders!
Sometimes the bumpers smell due to the way that they are made. It isn't permanent. The best remedy is to let them air out in the sun for about 5 days.
The bumpers are greased as a part of the manufacturing process. Sometimes the factory doesn't clean the plates well enough. Here's what we do to de-grease these bad boys: We wash the bumpers about 3 times, with paper towels, soap, and water. If that doesn't work, then we use a de-greaser spray that can be purchased at a local home improvement store.
Drop away. We are confident that our 10-pound bumper plates can handle the abuse, and they are backed by our fully comprehensive warranty for 1 year just in case.
Some of our plates go through random spot checks by different quality assurance teams. The star simply means your plate passed inspection. There are no differences in quality between plates with or without stars!
Bumper plates come in a few standard sizes and are sold in pounds with kilogram conversions. Fringe Sport economy bumpers are sold by the pound. Here is a chart with a rough pound and kilogram weights:
|Best Weight For:
|10 lbs ~ 5 kg
|Great for teaching or learning Olympic lifts.
|15 lbs ~ 7 kg
|The same uses as the 10s, but this offers greater durability at only a slightly heavier weight.
|25 lbs ~ 11 kg
|A very popular weight as they are very durable and throwing these on an Oly bar gives you 95 pounds (Fran Rx).
|35 lbs ~ 16 kg
|A great size for adding more weight to the bar.
|45 lbs ~ 20 kg
|The most popular size for gyms - 45's really lets you load up your bar and make some serious strength gains.
|55 lbs ~ 25 kg
|When the 45s just don't cut it, we have 55lb bumpers to add some serious weight to the bar.
WHY CHOOSE FRINGE SPORT BUMPER PLATES?
Not all bumpers are created equal. Here's why your next bumper plates should be Fringe Sport bumpers:
- Fringe Sport bumper plates feature a steel insert that is designed to far outperform the brass inserts commonly used in other bumper plates. A steel insert will take much more abuse without malforming, and it is machined to exact tolerances to fit all high-quality Olympic bars.
- Fringe Sport bumpers use a rubber formulation that combines the ideal mix of low bounce with high durability. Some bumper plates bounce too much, and that makes them potentially unsafe. Other bumpers are too brittle, and they easily chip and fall apart. Our black bumper plates are built to withstand drops from any height, and stay where they’re dropped instead of bouncing away.
- Fringe Sport bumpers are more stable than our competitors because they have high density. This makes our 10lb and 15lb them more stable than other bumpers on the market.
- Fringe Sport bumpers are thinner and denser than typical bumper plates, and that means more weight on your barbell, and ultimately more gainz.
- Fringe Sport bumpers all have the same standard diameter. You can mix and match plates to load your bar.
- Finally, Fringe Sport bumper plates are backed by our no-questions-asked satisfaction guarantee, plus a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer. Use them and love them or send them back.
GARAGE GYM REVIEWS TOP BUMPER PICK OF 2023
"The FringeSport Bumper Plates are our top pick for the best standard bumper plates for most people. We've reviewed these in-depth in the past and our initial findings still stand: for most people, these are the bumper plates we recommend. From the virgin rubber used to maximize durability and limit rebound to the great price, the FringeSport bumper plates should be the top choice when looking at rounding out any home or commercial gym."
- Coop, Garage Gym Reviews