What’s Your Name?
• Austin Conner - Insta @austinrconner/@julmeekconner
o My wife is Julia Conner, she deserves as much credit as I do.
Do you have a name for your gym?
• “The Batcave”
Tell us a little about yourself - what you do when you aren’t lifting, what are your other hobbies, etc.
• In the free time I have that isn’t used for working out, I’m a woodworker. I use hand tools (hand planes, chisels, saw, etc.) to build furniture for our house and the gym. The jerk blocks you see in the gym were built by me and I’d put them up against most anyone else. All my other time is spent with my wife and our young daughter
What gear do you have in your gym? (Fringe Items)
Outdoor Rig on Driveway (15-footer) •
Power rack •
Jerk Blocks •
Pull up bars
When did you become part of the Fringe Fam? What was your first Fringe purchase?
• 2014 I think. I bought a pair of plyo boxes. Still use them regularly. Everyone who works out at our place (even once) signs the box.
What’s your favorite gear that you use all the time?
• Definitely the Assault Bike. When I’m short on time (often) my go to quick workout is:
▪ 100 Assault Bike Calorie
▪ *EMOM 5 burpee* (Start on Burpee)
What gear do you never use?
• The sandbags almost never get touched
What was your best gear purchase?
• Fringe (One Fit Wonder) bumper plates. I haven’t replaced any plates even after almost 6yrs of daily use.
What gear purchase do you wish you would have said “NO” to?
• Not sure I’d build the jerk blocks again. They take up a lot of space. Know anyone who wants to buy some?
What’s your favorite workout?
▪ 5 Pull up
▪ 10 Push up ▪ 15 Air squat
What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
o “It’s supposed to be fun, so keep it fun.”
What advice would you give to newbie garage gymmers?
• Building a garage gym is a long-term process. Build slowly and intentionally. Your fitness is worth spending the extra time and dollars required to add the most useful, highest quality items you can find.
Austin, thank you so much for your contribution to our blog. We're thrilled to have been a part of your garage gym journey thus far and can't wait to see where you go from here along the Garage Gym Revolution.
If you, or someone you know, wants to show off their hard work and garage gym to the Fringe Fam, send a message over to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't wait to feature you!
As always, lift heavy, lift happy :)