Do you need a great solution for teaching form and technique at low weights? These Fringe Sport technique plates are the answer to your needs! The solid polyurethane construction results in a thicker, stiff plate that keeps the bar at the proper height no matter what. You can use these for those new to lifting, kids or anyone who wants to learn how to lift in the proper way as they begin their strength journey!
- Stronger polyurethane material that doesn't bend and waffle.
- No steel insert to come loose and break out.
- Thicker plate width helps increase durability.
- The best value option for teaching beginners proper form and technique.
- Weight labeled in pounds and kilogram conversions on both sides of plate.
- Fits on barbells with 2" diameter sleeves, like our 15lb Training Barbell or the OSO Mini Bar.
2 - Technique Plates (1 Pair)
5 pound - 0.625", 10 pound - 1.313"
5 pound - 17.75", 10 pound - 17.5"
5 pounds or 10 pounds per plate
1 Year Satisfaction Guaranteed
What Are Technique Plates? Why Use 10lb Tech Plates?
Tech plates are the predecessors to bumper plates. Before the technology and engineering existed to make high quality, lighter weight plates from rubber - or what you know as bumper plates - tech plates were the answer to hold a barbell at proper IWF height to start your first pull for the clean or snatch (or the deadlift for that matter).
So why do you want to use them?
- As a new lifter, you want to lightly load the barbell, but still learn the proper position to start the bottom of their lifts. The 5# tech plates are great for this.
- You think you can't trust any 10 pound bumpers to be durable. While it's possible you've had wimpy bumpers in the past, you need to check out our 10# bumpers - any of them, really! The bumpers are less expensive, and a better option overall. And durable? Check this video out!
Read more on our blog about Technique Plates.