What You Need To Know About Weightlifting Chains
Add these gym chain sets from Fringe Sport and get your power lifts up, up up! Long a secret weapon of the best powerlifters in the world, gym chains allow you to add variable loading to your squat, bench, and deadlifts- training the lifts in ways impossible without them.
Here's how they work:
- You load the chain onto a barbell (we suggest starting with the 15# pair if your bench and squats are under 250#; above 250# go with the 30# chains)
- As you squat or bench, the chain begins to collect on the floor, deloading that weight off the bar- so when you are at your lowest point in those lifts (with the least mechanical advantage over the weight), you are lifting the least amount of weight.
- Once you begin to drive up, the chain comes off the floor, link by link. The higher you get in the action of the lift, the more weight is on the bar!
This is great for training getting out of "the hole" in a squat, or building explosiveness off the chest on the bench
- Full year satisfaction guarantee, with FREE returns
- Zinc plated steel for rust resistance
- Bar collars included- no more worries about chain falling off the bar!
- Offered in 2 weights: 15lb per chain (30lb total) or 30lb per chain (60lb total)
- Sold in pairs
Package Contents and Specifications
Contents: 2 - 5ft Gym Chain with Collar (1 Pair)
Weight: 30lb (15lb each) or 60lb (30lb each)
Length: 5 feet length of chain (10 feet for Pair)
Collar Specs: 3 inches deep with a 2.25 inch diameter
Chain Link Specs: 3 inches for 15 pound and 4.5 inches for 30 pound.
Material: Zinc plated steel
Warranty: 1 Year
In addition to training the power lifts, chains can also be used to add load for dips, pullups, weighted runs, rucking, and more! Just drape the chain over your shoulders and go!