This roasted brussels sprouts recipe takes some time to prep the sprouts, but once you've done the prep work, the recipe is dead simple. Prep should take you about 20 minutes, and then roast time is about 45 minutes, with three stirs. The roasted brussels sprouts turn out restaurant-fantastic- my mother-in-law has overcome her life-long aversion to brussels sprouts due to this recipe!
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 6-8 strips bacon
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil (or your preferred oil/fat)
- Turn your oven on to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and prep the brussels sprouts by chopping off the base and peeling off the outer 2-3 leaves. Then rough chop the remaining sprouts.
- Pour the sprouts into a bag and pour the oil over them. Toss the sprouts to coat them.
- Pour the oil-coated sprouts into a baking dish (an 8x13 dish should work well).
- Chop the bacon into 1/4-1/2" sections. Spread the bacon evenly on top of the sprouts.
- Put the baking dish in the oven on the middle or top shelf
- Set a timer for 45 minutes. Stir the sprouts every 15 minutes or so
- The sprouts are done when they are dark and wilted, with a bit of charring or black at the edge of some leaves.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Leave a comment