There are various types of squat racks and cage attachments available for your home or garage gym. The specific ones you need will depend on your workout goals and preferences. Here are a few common options:
1. J-cups: These are the most basic attachment for a squat rack or cage and are used to hold the barbell at shoulder height for exercises like squats and bench presses. They come in different sizes to fit different barbell diameters. 2x3 J-Cups; 2x2 J-Cups; 3x3 J-Cups; 3x3 J-Cups
2. Safety spotter arms: These attachments are used for added safety during heavy lifts. They can be adjustable in height and are designed to catch the barbell if you fail a lift. Make sure to choose spotter arms that are compatible with your squat rack or cage. 2x3 safety spotter arms; 2x2 safety spotter arms; 3x3 safety spotter arms
3. Dip bars: If you want to incorporate dips into your workouts, dip bars can be a great addition. They attach to the sides of your squat rack or cage and provide a stable platform for performing dips. 2x3 dip bar; 2x2 dip station; 3x3 dip station
4. Lat pulldown attachments: Some squat racks or cages come with the option to attach a lat pulldown system. This allows you to perform various upper body exercises such as lat pulldowns, tricep pushdowns, and cable curls. Lat & Lift Straight Bar; Tricep Press Down Cable Attachment; Lat & Lift Cable Pulley System
5. Weight plate holders: These attachments are used to store weight plates conveniently. They typically attach to the sides of the squat rack or cage and keep your plates organized and within easy reach. 3x3 Weight Plate Storage Attachment; Vertical Barbell & Bumper Plate Holder; Rolling Bumper Plate Stacker
6. Don't forget about the belt squat, and all of its glory. Great for squats and lunges! Belt Squat as a rack attachment
Sizes of these attachments will vary depending on the brand and model of your squat rack or cage. It's important to choose attachments that are compatible with your specific equipment. Check the specifications or consult with the manufacturer for the appropriate sizes and compatibility information.