If you're on a low-carb diet, struggle to make food after coming home and want to save money, we have the workweek keto budget meal plan for the lazy chef in you.
The struggle is real, and we'll help you through it.
Keto is a low-carb, high-fat diet that is very healthy. Multiple studies have shown that it can help you lose weight rapidly and naturally. The lack of carbohydrates makes the body burn more fat for energy. Here are 5 easy and tasty recipes that can help you get started on your way to a fitter physique.
Baked eggs (Low in carbohydrates)
An easy and incredibly tasty dish that does not require a lot of ingredients, can be made from and paired with leftovers.
- Approximately 85g of ground beef, lamb or pork, you can use any of these meats as per your preference.
- 2 eggs
- Approximately 60g of shredded cheese
- Turn up the temperature of the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prepare a ground-meat blend in a little preparing dish. At that point make two gaps with a spoon and split the eggs into them.
- Sprinkle a handful of the grated cheddar on top.
- Let it bake in the oven until the eggs are cooked, which usually is around 15 minutes.
- Take it out and let it cool for some time. The dish tends to get very hot!
You can prepare a delicious green salad, with a bunch of fresh herbs, and a serving of avocados as well, as a perfect side to this dish.
Keto cheese omelet
- Approximately 60g of butter
- 6 eggs
- Approximately 200g grated cheese (cheddar)
- Salt and pepper for additional seasoning
- Beat eggs until smooth and somewhat foamy. Mix in half of the minced cheddar. Add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Defrost the butter in a hot skillet. Add the egg blend and let it sit for a while.
- Reduce the heat and keep on cooking until the egg blend is nearly cooked through.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the cheddar on the top. Fold and serve quickly.
Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash
You could upgrade the dish with herbs, sliced vegetables, or for more flavor, a side of salsa. Furthermore, don't hesitate to cook your omelet in olive oil or coconut oil for a different taste experience.
Crispy Baked Fish Sticks
Another great, easy to make, low carb recipe combines the crunchy taste of fish filets with the health benefits of a keto dish.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 340g fresh fish filets
- 1.5 tbsps coconut flour
- 100g pork skins
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- Get the stove up to 400°F. (200°C)
- Divide the fish into small strips and add salt and pepper.
- Coat the fish with coconut flour and flip until equally covered.
- Put the pork skins in a ziplock cold freeze bag and smash them into crumbs.
- Beat the egg and water in a mixture and dunk each fish stick in the blend, one by one..
- Mix the fish sticks in the pork skin crumbs and then place them on a baking sheet.
- Prepare for 12 to 15 minutes until it turns considerably brown and at that point serve promptly.
Photo by Kalhh on Pixabay
Pan-fried chicken patties
- 2 pcs cooked chicken thighs (cut)
- 1/4 cups ground flaxseed
- 1/8 cups diced yellow onion
- 1 tbsp dietary yeast
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 tsp stew powder
- 1.50 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Put the chicken in a food mixer and pulse until finely grated.
- Move the chicken to an expansive bowl and include the ground flaxseed, onion, the special yeast, and eggs.
- Blend in the bean stew powder, salt, and pepper and blend until totally mixed.
- Partition the blend into 8 even segments and shape into patties by hand.
- Heat a large portion of the oil in an extensive skillet over medium warmth.
- Include four of the patties and cook until caramelized on the base.
- Flip the patties and cook until they are cooked through to a golden brown color then serve on a plate.
- Serve the chicken patties on keto bread or lettuce wraps with your selection of ingredients or sides.
Photo by Roger Cziwerny on Pexels
Keto Brunch Spread
- 4 eggs
- 12 bacon slices
- 24 asparagus spears
- Turn up the heat to 400°F. (200°C)
- Trim your asparagus around an inch from the bottom. Wrap them in pairs with one cut of bacon. Tenderly draw and place the bacon as you wind it, so it wraps firmly, on a sheet pan.
- Rehash with the rest of the asparagus, so you have 12 sets enclosed by bacon.
- Put them in the oven, setting the clock for 20 minutes.
- In this time, boil some water. Delicately place 4 eggs in the boiling water for 6 minutes
- Set up a bowl with ice water. At the point when the 6 minutes are up, utilize an opened spoon or tongs to rapidly transfer your eggs to the ice shower. Wait for 2 minutes before stripping the tops off.
- Delicately break the egg on a hard surface and strip away shell to uncover its tip.
- At the point when the asparagus are prepared, serve on a plate. If you don't have an egg holder use coffee containers to hold your eggs up.
- With a little spoon scoop out the highest points of the delicate boiled eggs to uncover the runny yolk.
- Plunge your asparagus spears into your eggs, and serve.
Jessica Smith is an avid reader who enjoys getting lost in the world of books. Holding on to her passion for fitness, She Believes that a healthy diet is a key to healthy living.